IGNOU to educate and train BPL youths in six states
New Delhi: IGNOU will start a series of programmes early next year to educate and train youths from below poverty line families in tribal areas of six states.
After clearing the certificate or diploma courses, mostly on Information Technology, successful candidates will be given employment. While the certificate programmes are for six months each, the diploma courses will be for one year, IGNOU spokesman Surojit Mahalanobis said here.
The programmes will be conducted through a Common Service Centre (CSC) in each village panchayat of the six states -? Orissa, MP, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal.
All programmes will be carried out online from application to certification stages. For this, the process is on for hiring services of trained teachers from nearby areas to teach and guide the IGNOU students in every village panchayat, he said.
The pass-out students will be employed in various industries in East Zone of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports