IGNOU to educate and train BPL youths in six states
New Delhi: IGNOU will start a series of programmes early next year to educate and train youths from below poverty line families in tribal areas of six states.
After clearing the certificate or diploma courses, mostly on Information Technology, successful candidates will be given employment. While the certificate programmes are for six months each, the diploma courses will be for one year, IGNOU spokesman Surojit Mahalanobis said here.
The programmes will be conducted through a Common Service Centre (CSC) in each village panchayat of the six states -? Orissa, MP, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal.
All programmes will be carried out online from application to certification stages. For this, the process is on for hiring services of trained teachers from nearby areas to teach and guide the IGNOU students in every village panchayat, he said.
The pass-out students will be employed in various industries in East Zone of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM