IGNOU to host 6th pan-Commonwealth forum on open learning
New Delhi: Around 700 delegates from 70 countries are expected to participate in the Sixth Pan-Commonwealth Forum on Open Learning to be hosted in Kochi by the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Nov 24-28 to discuss the importance of open and distance learning.
The conference will discuss what open and distance learning has done and still can do in terms of success. It will be an accessible forum for all member nations of the Commonwealth.
The overall theme of the conference will be `Access and Success in Learning Global Development Perspectives to Learning for Development`.
"The forum is for researchers, planners and policy makers in the field of open and distance learning and development. The conference opens opportunities to share experiences, expertise and to discuss about future policy and provision," said P.R. Ramanujam, programme chair of the conference.
Some of the guest speakers at the conference will be former junior external affairs minister Shashi Tharoor, agricultural scientist M.S. Swaminathan - credited with India`s Green Revolution - and IGNOU Vice Chancellor VN Rajasekharan Pillai.
For registration, interested people may contact: The Sixth Pan-Commonwealth Forum (PCF6), IGNOU Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-68. Tel. no. 29572606. mail:firstname.lastname@example.org.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh