IGNOU to set up centre for Tibetan studies
Dharamsala: In a bid to preserve and promote Tibetan culture, Indira Gandhi National Open University will set up a centre for Tibetan studies here.
"A notification in this (establishment of the centre for Tibetan studies) regard has been issued by IGNOU," Tempa Tsering, a minister in Tibetan government-in-exile, said here today.
The centre will offer graduation, post graduation, M Phil and PhD programmes on Tibetan studies, Buddhist philosophy and theology.
The degrees will be issued jointly by IGNOU and Central University for Tibetan Studies (CUTS).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?