IGNOU to set up centre for Tibetan studies
Dharamsala: In a bid to preserve and promote Tibetan culture, Indira Gandhi National Open University will set up a centre for Tibetan studies here.
"A notification in this (establishment of the centre for Tibetan studies) regard has been issued by IGNOU," Tempa Tsering, a minister in Tibetan government-in-exile, said here today.
The centre will offer graduation, post graduation, M Phil and PhD programmes on Tibetan studies, Buddhist philosophy and theology.
The degrees will be issued jointly by IGNOU and Central University for Tibetan Studies (CUTS).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata