IGNOU to set up centre for Tibetan studies
Dharamsala: In a bid to preserve and promote Tibetan culture, Indira Gandhi National Open University will set up a centre for Tibetan studies here.
"A notification in this (establishment of the centre for Tibetan studies) regard has been issued by IGNOU," Tempa Tsering, a minister in Tibetan government-in-exile, said here today.
The centre will offer graduation, post graduation, M Phil and PhD programmes on Tibetan studies, Buddhist philosophy and theology.
The degrees will be issued jointly by IGNOU and Central University for Tibetan Studies (CUTS).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport