IGNOU to set up centre for Tibetan studies
Dharamsala: In a bid to preserve and promote Tibetan culture, Indira Gandhi National Open University will set up a centre for Tibetan studies here.
"A notification in this (establishment of the centre for Tibetan studies) regard has been issued by IGNOU," Tempa Tsering, a minister in Tibetan government-in-exile, said here today.
The centre will offer graduation, post graduation, M Phil and PhD programmes on Tibetan studies, Buddhist philosophy and theology.
The degrees will be issued jointly by IGNOU and Central University for Tibetan Studies (CUTS).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail