IGNOU to set up centre for Tibetan studies
Dharamsala: In a bid to preserve and promote Tibetan culture, Indira Gandhi National Open University will set up a centre for Tibetan studies here.
"A notification in this (establishment of the centre for Tibetan studies) regard has been issued by IGNOU," Tempa Tsering, a minister in Tibetan government-in-exile, said here today.
The centre will offer graduation, post graduation, M Phil and PhD programmes on Tibetan studies, Buddhist philosophy and theology.
The degrees will be issued jointly by IGNOU and Central University for Tibetan Studies (CUTS).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?