IIM-A course for bureaucrats put on hold in 2010-11
Ahmedabad: Premier B-school Indian
Institute of Management, Ahmedabad(IIM-A) on Saturday said it will
not be announcing admissions to Post Graduate Programme in
Public Management and Policy (PGP-PMP) primarily designed and
offered to Group `A` service civil servants in India.
The one-year PGP-PMP programme offered at IIM-A since
2007 was especially designed for honing the skills of
bureaucrats and fee of participants was partly funded by
government`s Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
"The PGP-PMP course is under review at IIM-A and we
shall not be announcing any admission to this course which is
usually done in April," Manager of Global Partnership and
Corporate Affairs at IIM-A Ishita Solanki said.
"Review of course fee structure could be one of the
reasons behind putting it on hold," sources at IIM-A said.
"The fee for PGP-PMP was revised to Rs 20 lakh for
those enrolling in batch 2009-10 against Rs 8 lakh offered to
government-sponsored candidates in 2007," sources said.
"The course has been discontinued this year because
the three-year MoU signed with DoPT in 2007 lapsed in 2009-10
and it could not be renewed due to bleak response from the
government," a professor at IIM-A said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal