IIM Indore professor found murdered
Indore: A senior professor of the prestigious Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Indore has been found murdered on campus early Friday.
Amrata Pancholi, 32, was found lying in a pool of blood in her apartment- located inside the campus - with multiple stab wounds and other injury marks at around 8.30 am today morning.
“She appears to have been stabbed with a knife or some sharp-edged weapon," an official at the Indore police control room said.
As per a news agency, Amrata`s neighbours informed the police in the morning when they saw that the doors of her house had not been opened till 8 am. The professor used to usually leave the house early in the morning for work.
Other media reports claim that security guards – on their regular patrol - entered her house after finding something suspicious.
She was last seen at 8.30 pm on Thursday by a neighbour.
Her house and the campus have since been sealed by the police and the body sent for post-mortem. Heavy police force has also been deployed.
The police have begun their investigations, but are tight lipped about the details as of now.
The institute is stunned by the murder of one of their senior faculty in such a ruthless manner and that too inside the high security campus.
Amrata, was living alone in the campus since the past one and an half years. She was a professor of Organizational Behaviour & HRM and was in academics since the past eight years. She held an MBA, PhD from Mohan Lal Sukhadia University, Udaipur.
Prior to joining IIM, Indore, she worked with various institutes, most prominently as a faculty in Management group at BITS, Pilani and at Faculty of Management Studies, Mody Institute of Technology & Science, Lakshmangarh (DU).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day