IIM Indore professor found murdered
Indore: A senior professor of the prestigious Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Indore has been found murdered on campus early Friday.
Amrata Pancholi, 32, was found lying in a pool of blood in her apartment- located inside the campus - with multiple stab wounds and other injury marks at around 8.30 am today morning.
“She appears to have been stabbed with a knife or some sharp-edged weapon," an official at the Indore police control room said.
As per a news agency, Amrata`s neighbours informed the police in the morning when they saw that the doors of her house had not been opened till 8 am. The professor used to usually leave the house early in the morning for work.
Other media reports claim that security guards – on their regular patrol - entered her house after finding something suspicious.
She was last seen at 8.30 pm on Thursday by a neighbour.
Her house and the campus have since been sealed by the police and the body sent for post-mortem. Heavy police force has also been deployed.
The police have begun their investigations, but are tight lipped about the details as of now.
The institute is stunned by the murder of one of their senior faculty in such a ruthless manner and that too inside the high security campus.
Amrata, was living alone in the campus since the past one and an half years. She was a professor of Organizational Behaviour & HRM and was in academics since the past eight years. She held an MBA, PhD from Mohan Lal Sukhadia University, Udaipur.
Prior to joining IIM, Indore, she worked with various institutes, most prominently as a faculty in Management group at BITS, Pilani and at Faculty of Management Studies, Mody Institute of Technology & Science, Lakshmangarh (DU).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees