IISc attack: BDR hands over LeT men to BSF
New Delhi: Bangladesh Rifles on Wednesday handed
over two suspected Lashker-e-Toiba militants, believed to be
involved in the 2005 Bangalore terror attack at the Indian
Institute of Sciences (IISc) that left an IIT professor dead.
The two suspected militants identified as Nazir and
Shamas were handed over by the Bangladeshi Rifles to the BSF
after intelligence was shared about their presence in that
country, official sources said.
Union Home Secretary GK Pillai said two suspected
Lashker operatives were detained along the Indo-Bangladesh
border in Meghalaya and "we are trying to find out their
antecedents and links and their activities."
The duo was being interrogated by a combined team of the
BSF and central security agencies, the sources said.
On December 28, 2005, terrorists barged into the
prestigious IISc campus and opened fire indiscriminately
killing retired professor of IIT Delhi, M C Puri, and injuring
Puri, Professor Emiratus of Mathematics Department of
IIT Delhi, fell a victim as the gunmen sprayed bullets from an
AK-47 rifle as delegates attending an international conference
were proceeding for dinner outside the J N Tata Auditorium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof