IIT-D student held for posting obscene pics of IIT-K girl
Hyderabad: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Saturday arrested a 22-year-old B Tech student from IIT-Delhi, after he posted obscene pictures and videos of an IIT-Kanpur girl on internet. The accused was miffed with the victim as she had earlier spurned his advances.
The arrest was made by the cyber wing of CBI after they tracked the Internet Protocol (IP) address and traced the calls he made from his mobile phone. The police seized a mobile phone and computer from the accused.
The accused Surender knew the girl as they both hailed from Mahabubabad in Warangal district. The girl had approached Surender to help her with her IIT preparation.
Once the girl got admission in IIT-Kanpur, he started visiting her in Kanpur. During such visits, Surender took photographs of the girl as they became good friends. Soon after, he started pestering her to marry him but the girl refused.
Surender has allegedly taking her to the office of Arya Samaaj in Kanpur without disclosing his plan to marry her. When the woman refused, the Arya Samaaj personnel called in the police and he was arrested.
After coming out on bail, Surender allegedly continued to make calls and emails and text messages to her. He even uploaded private moments of the girl, which he took secretly, and posted it online.
The police took action after a complaint by the girl`s father was lodged that Surender was harassing and blackmailing his daughter and other family members.
A case under the provisions of the Information Technology Act and Sections 507 (criminal intimidation by anonymous communication) and 509 (word, gesture, or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of the Indian Penal Code has been registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`