IIT-D student held for posting obscene pics of IIT-K girl
Hyderabad: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Saturday arrested a 22-year-old B Tech student from IIT-Delhi, after he posted obscene pictures and videos of an IIT-Kanpur girl on internet. The accused was miffed with the victim as she had earlier spurned his advances.
The arrest was made by the cyber wing of CBI after they tracked the Internet Protocol (IP) address and traced the calls he made from his mobile phone. The police seized a mobile phone and computer from the accused.
The accused Surender knew the girl as they both hailed from Mahabubabad in Warangal district. The girl had approached Surender to help her with her IIT preparation.
Once the girl got admission in IIT-Kanpur, he started visiting her in Kanpur. During such visits, Surender took photographs of the girl as they became good friends. Soon after, he started pestering her to marry him but the girl refused.
Surender has allegedly taking her to the office of Arya Samaaj in Kanpur without disclosing his plan to marry her. When the woman refused, the Arya Samaaj personnel called in the police and he was arrested.
After coming out on bail, Surender allegedly continued to make calls and emails and text messages to her. He even uploaded private moments of the girl, which he took secretly, and posted it online.
The police took action after a complaint by the girl`s father was lodged that Surender was harassing and blackmailing his daughter and other family members.
A case under the provisions of the Information Technology Act and Sections 507 (criminal intimidation by anonymous communication) and 509 (word, gesture, or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of the Indian Penal Code has been registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof