IIT-D student held for posting obscene pics of IIT-K girl
Hyderabad: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Saturday arrested a 22-year-old B Tech student from IIT-Delhi, after he posted obscene pictures and videos of an IIT-Kanpur girl on internet. The accused was miffed with the victim as she had earlier spurned his advances.
The arrest was made by the cyber wing of CBI after they tracked the Internet Protocol (IP) address and traced the calls he made from his mobile phone. The police seized a mobile phone and computer from the accused.
The accused Surender knew the girl as they both hailed from Mahabubabad in Warangal district. The girl had approached Surender to help her with her IIT preparation.
Once the girl got admission in IIT-Kanpur, he started visiting her in Kanpur. During such visits, Surender took photographs of the girl as they became good friends. Soon after, he started pestering her to marry him but the girl refused.
Surender has allegedly taking her to the office of Arya Samaaj in Kanpur without disclosing his plan to marry her. When the woman refused, the Arya Samaaj personnel called in the police and he was arrested.
After coming out on bail, Surender allegedly continued to make calls and emails and text messages to her. He even uploaded private moments of the girl, which he took secretly, and posted it online.
The police took action after a complaint by the girl`s father was lodged that Surender was harassing and blackmailing his daughter and other family members.
A case under the provisions of the Information Technology Act and Sections 507 (criminal intimidation by anonymous communication) and 509 (word, gesture, or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of the Indian Penal Code has been registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days