IIT engineer sends threat mail to PM, arrested
Ranchi: An Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) engineer has been arrested for sending a threat mail to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Home Minister P Chidambaram, police said Sunday.
Anurag Kashyap was arrested Saturday from Hazaribagh district in Jharkhand.
"Anurag has been arrested for sending a threat mail, he sent the mail by creating an account in name of his neighbour Manish Sharma," a police official told a news agency over phone.
The engineer wanted to get his neighbour Manish implicated in a false case, the official added.
According to police, the e-mail was sent to the mail id of Delhi police commissioner June 2. Sent in name of Baidaihi Sharma, a resident of Aryana colony of Hazaribagh, the mailer said he was the brother of dead CCL employee Ramesh Sharma.
The mail threatened the Prime Minister and Home Minister if Ramesh`s retirement benefits were not given to family members, police said.
On interrogating the Sharma family, the police discovered that none of the family members were working in CCL.
Police arrested the cyber cafe owner Adib Hasan June 7.
The IIT Kharagpur engineer has worked for five years in US and Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites