IIT faculty raise grievances with the PMO
New Delhi: The IIT Faculty, which has been
protesting "anomalies" in the pay structure, on Saturday took their
demands, including that for a better package at entry level,
to the Prime Minister`s Office.
Representatives of IIT Faculty Federation met T K A
Nair, Principal Secretary to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh,
and apprised him about its discussion on the issue with HRD
Minister Kapil Sibal and IIT Directors in the last two days.
"We demanded that the IITs should get more funding.
There should be better package for the faculty members at
entry level so that young talent will be encouraged to join
the IITs," Federation President Prof M Thenmozhi said.
She said Nair was very "receptive" to the demands of
"We also wanted flexible cadre system in the IITs.
Nair will put forth our views before Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh," she said.
The Federation had yesterday met Sibal who assured
them that the IITs are free to relax the pay structure norms
to attract talent.
Thenmozhi said it would be better if the government
comes up with a formal order to this effect.
Earlier in the day, the Federation met the IIT
Directors and discussed how to address "anomalies" in pay
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset