IIT faculty raise grievances with the PMO
New Delhi: The IIT Faculty, which has been
protesting "anomalies" in the pay structure, on Saturday took their
demands, including that for a better package at entry level,
to the Prime Minister`s Office.
Representatives of IIT Faculty Federation met T K A
Nair, Principal Secretary to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh,
and apprised him about its discussion on the issue with HRD
Minister Kapil Sibal and IIT Directors in the last two days.
"We demanded that the IITs should get more funding.
There should be better package for the faculty members at
entry level so that young talent will be encouraged to join
the IITs," Federation President Prof M Thenmozhi said.
She said Nair was very "receptive" to the demands of
"We also wanted flexible cadre system in the IITs.
Nair will put forth our views before Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh," she said.
The Federation had yesterday met Sibal who assured
them that the IITs are free to relax the pay structure norms
to attract talent.
Thenmozhi said it would be better if the government
comes up with a formal order to this effect.
Earlier in the day, the Federation met the IIT
Directors and discussed how to address "anomalies" in pay
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar
- Sahara group puts out huge 4,700 acres of land for sale
- Sensex shows traction, up 117 on monsoon update, strong Q4