IIT faculty raise grievances with the PMO
New Delhi: The IIT Faculty, which has been
protesting "anomalies" in the pay structure, on Saturday took their
demands, including that for a better package at entry level,
to the Prime Minister`s Office.
Representatives of IIT Faculty Federation met T K A
Nair, Principal Secretary to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh,
and apprised him about its discussion on the issue with HRD
Minister Kapil Sibal and IIT Directors in the last two days.
"We demanded that the IITs should get more funding.
There should be better package for the faculty members at
entry level so that young talent will be encouraged to join
the IITs," Federation President Prof M Thenmozhi said.
She said Nair was very "receptive" to the demands of
"We also wanted flexible cadre system in the IITs.
Nair will put forth our views before Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh," she said.
The Federation had yesterday met Sibal who assured
them that the IITs are free to relax the pay structure norms
to attract talent.
Thenmozhi said it would be better if the government
comes up with a formal order to this effect.
Earlier in the day, the Federation met the IIT
Directors and discussed how to address "anomalies" in pay
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside