IIT graduates` annual salary drops by 5% to Rs 5.88 lakh
Kolkata: The average annual salary of graduates of the prestigious Indian Institutes of Technology has dropped by five percent while that of the National Institutes of Technology graduates has increased by six percent.
The average annual salaries of IIT graduates has dropped by five percent to Rs 5.88 lakh in 2009, according to the 5th IDC-Dataquest T-School 2009 Survey of 111 engineering colleges across the country.
Though the drop in the annual salary of IIT graduates has been ascribed to global recession, according to the survey, interestingly the average salary of NIT graduates has improved by six percent to Rs 4.36 lakh.
"Another reason for the drop in the annual salary of IIT graduates is that many bright students of IITs opted for higher studies instead of entering the job market," the survey pointed out.
The highest annual salary received by an engineering graduate was from Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT), New Delhi, who received Rs 45 lakh from Schlumberger, the survey said.
Due to the global slowdown, the average annual salary of engineering graduates countrywide stagnated at Rs 3.5 lakh.
But the average annual salary of engineering graduates in BPO/ IT industry was a shade higher at Rs. 3.6 lakh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know