IIT-JEE results declared, over 13,000 successful
New Delhi: Putting an end to the wait of over 4.85 lakh students, the results of the joint entrance examination of the prestigious Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT-JEE) were declared Wednesday.
The results were declared at 9 a.m. and students can see the results online on the JEE website, said an official, adding that counselling for all successful candidates will be online.
For the first time, students will get to see scanned answer sheets online from June 4.
Around 4.85 lakh students appeared for 9,600 seats in 15 premier institutions April 10. The exam was held in 1,051 centres in 131 cities across the country, an official statement said.
The number of students who appeared this year was 30,000 more than last year`s figure, a rise of 6.5 percent.
Model solutions of the paper were put up May 15 and IITs have acknowledged errors adding up to 36 marks, for which full marks will be granted to all students who attempted the questions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah