IIT-Roorkee professor found dead with throat slit
Dehradun: A senior professor at IIT, Roorkee, was found dead at his flat on the campus with his throat slit, a senior police official said on Thursday.
60-year-old Arun Kumar, a senior professor in the Electrical Computer Science Department of the Institution, was found lying in a pool of blood at his flat with his throat slit by his maid servant on Wednesday, Haridwar SSP Rajiv Swaroop said.
Though the cause of his death is being probed, the possibility of a suicide or murder cannot be ruled out, he said.
Kumar lived alone in the flat since the death of his wife a few years ago, he said.
Two of his daughters stay abroad while one stays in Gurgaon, he said.
The elderly professor is said to have been suffering from depression since the death of his wife, he said, adding that the case is being investigated from all angles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir