IIT-Roorkee professor found dead with throat slit
Dehradun: A senior professor at IIT, Roorkee, was found dead at his flat on the campus with his throat slit, a senior police official said on Thursday.
60-year-old Arun Kumar, a senior professor in the Electrical Computer Science Department of the Institution, was found lying in a pool of blood at his flat with his throat slit by his maid servant on Wednesday, Haridwar SSP Rajiv Swaroop said.
Though the cause of his death is being probed, the possibility of a suicide or murder cannot be ruled out, he said.
Kumar lived alone in the flat since the death of his wife a few years ago, he said.
Two of his daughters stay abroad while one stays in Gurgaon, he said.
The elderly professor is said to have been suffering from depression since the death of his wife, he said, adding that the case is being investigated from all angles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you