IIT-Roorkee professor found dead with throat slit
Dehradun: A senior professor at IIT, Roorkee, was found dead at his flat on the campus with his throat slit, a senior police official said on Thursday.
60-year-old Arun Kumar, a senior professor in the Electrical Computer Science Department of the Institution, was found lying in a pool of blood at his flat with his throat slit by his maid servant on Wednesday, Haridwar SSP Rajiv Swaroop said.
Though the cause of his death is being probed, the possibility of a suicide or murder cannot be ruled out, he said.
Kumar lived alone in the flat since the death of his wife a few years ago, he said.
Two of his daughters stay abroad while one stays in Gurgaon, he said.
The elderly professor is said to have been suffering from depression since the death of his wife, he said, adding that the case is being investigated from all angles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Elvis Presley's guitarist Scotty Moore dies at 84
- US backed Syrian rebel forces seize military airport near IS stronghold
- China: Man rapes housemate, dumps victim in suitcase
- Good news for home buyers! Builders may have to pay 11% interest for delay in housing projects
- Case filed against PM Narendra Modi for insulting national flag