IK Gujral very critical, say doctors
Gurgaon: The condition of former prime minister Inder Kumar Gujral is "very critical", doctors said Monday.
Gujral, 93, was admitted to the Medicity Medanta Hospital here with a lung infection on Nov 19, and is still on the ventilator.
"He is very critical, medicines are not showing much effect, good wishes can help him better," a senior medical consultant, who did not wish to be named, told reporteres.
Another senior consultant at the hospital termed Gujral`s condition "critical but stable".
"The condition of the former prime minister is critical but stable and changing minute by minute," admitted the consultant, also speaking on the condition of anonymity.
A team of nine senior consultants headed by Dr. Naresh Trehan is keeping a close watch on the patient, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?