Illicit drugs worth Rs 111 cr seized in 2012 on Bangla border
New Delhi: The BSF has seized illicit drugs worth more than Rs 111 crore along the Indo-Bangla border in the last one year, the government told Lok Sabha on Tuesday.
The border guarding force also apprehended 3,549 criminals during 2012 on this frontier while it intercepted 417 offenders during January this year in the same area.
"BSF has introduced non-lethal weapons and ammunitions like pump action guns, stun grenades/dye marker grenades. 800 pump action guns have been deployed at vulnerable border out posts on Indo-Bangaldesh border," Minister of State for Home M Ramachandran said.
The BSF, the minister added in his written reply to Lok Sabha, holds meetings at various levels with Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB) for better border management as per the issues specified in co-ordinated border management plan along with taking up a host of measures like effective patrolling to check infiltration and smuggling from across this border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder