Illicit drugs worth Rs 111 cr seized in 2012 on Bangla border
New Delhi: The BSF has seized illicit drugs worth more than Rs 111 crore along the Indo-Bangla border in the last one year, the government told Lok Sabha on Tuesday.
The border guarding force also apprehended 3,549 criminals during 2012 on this frontier while it intercepted 417 offenders during January this year in the same area.
"BSF has introduced non-lethal weapons and ammunitions like pump action guns, stun grenades/dye marker grenades. 800 pump action guns have been deployed at vulnerable border out posts on Indo-Bangaldesh border," Minister of State for Home M Ramachandran said.
The BSF, the minister added in his written reply to Lok Sabha, holds meetings at various levels with Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB) for better border management as per the issues specified in co-ordinated border management plan along with taking up a host of measures like effective patrolling to check infiltration and smuggling from across this border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya