Illicit drugs worth Rs 111 cr seized in 2012 on Bangla border
New Delhi: The BSF has seized illicit drugs worth more than Rs 111 crore along the Indo-Bangla border in the last one year, the government told Lok Sabha on Tuesday.
The border guarding force also apprehended 3,549 criminals during 2012 on this frontier while it intercepted 417 offenders during January this year in the same area.
"BSF has introduced non-lethal weapons and ammunitions like pump action guns, stun grenades/dye marker grenades. 800 pump action guns have been deployed at vulnerable border out posts on Indo-Bangaldesh border," Minister of State for Home M Ramachandran said.
The BSF, the minister added in his written reply to Lok Sabha, holds meetings at various levels with Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB) for better border management as per the issues specified in co-ordinated border management plan along with taking up a host of measures like effective patrolling to check infiltration and smuggling from across this border.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know