Illicit drugs worth Rs 111 cr seized in 2012 on Bangla border
New Delhi: The BSF has seized illicit drugs worth more than Rs 111 crore along the Indo-Bangla border in the last one year, the government told Lok Sabha on Tuesday.
The border guarding force also apprehended 3,549 criminals during 2012 on this frontier while it intercepted 417 offenders during January this year in the same area.
"BSF has introduced non-lethal weapons and ammunitions like pump action guns, stun grenades/dye marker grenades. 800 pump action guns have been deployed at vulnerable border out posts on Indo-Bangaldesh border," Minister of State for Home M Ramachandran said.
The BSF, the minister added in his written reply to Lok Sabha, holds meetings at various levels with Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB) for better border management as per the issues specified in co-ordinated border management plan along with taking up a host of measures like effective patrolling to check infiltration and smuggling from across this border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical