‘Illiterate Rahul about to be dumped on country’
New Delhi: Noted criminal lawyer Ram Jethmalani on Tuesday questioned Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi`s potential as a leader, saying the latter is an ``illiterate`` who is about to be dumped on this country.
"On one side, you have Mr. Gadkari who brackets Swami Vivekananda with Dawood. On the other side, our future Prime Minister, who is about to be dumped on this country, does not know the difference between Kargil and FDI," he said.
Jethmalani said that he has made no secret of the fact that he considers Rahul Gandhi to be an ``illiterate``.
"What is his educational qualification? Have you ever heard one quotable quote from this man during the last ten years?" he asked.
Asserting that Lal Bahadur Shashtri, ``a Congress man``, was the greatest Prime Minister of India according to him, Jethmalani said ``it seems that there is no brave voice left in the Congress Party``.
"It only consists of psycho funds and flatterers who are serving a corrupt family. It is this conflict, which keeps me in politics. I owe it to the nation," he added.
Jethmalani also took on the media, saying ``large sections of the press have become party people``. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Nita Ambani launch multi-discipline sports initiative; laud PM Modi for Olympics task force idea
- ISRO successfully tests scramjet rocket engine
- Rafael Nadal hoping to continue Rio Olympics momentum at US Open
- Guess who? This A-list Bollywood actress can give up career to marry the man she loves
- 'Mann Ki Baat': From praising India's daughters to concern over loss of lives in Kashmir - What all PM Narendra Modi said