IM leaders use terror money for ‘personal’ use
Mumbai: Those who carry out heinous acts of terror can be petty criminals too and are unable to resist the temptation of making quick bucks. As per a newspaper report, investigation in bomb blast cases has thrown light on the fact that not only low level functionaries but also top rung of Indian Mujahideen have cheated their sponsors of big amount of cash.
As per reports, the money which was meant to be used for enticing new recruits and for carrying out terror activities was gobbled up by the IM leaders and used for ‘personal’ gains.
A case in point is that of terror suspect Qateel Siddiqui who was killed in Yerwada jail in Pune on June 08. The newspaper quoted an officer of the Anti-terrorism squad as saying, “Qateel was paid Rs one lakh to enlist new faces into IM. When we questioned him about the use of money, he was reluctant to reply. Later he admitted that he had spent the money on two girls.” “Siddiqui was not interested in following IM’s ideology but was more interested in getting funds for personal use,” the officer added.
The top rungs of IM are also apparently not far behind. IM’s Indian chief Yaseen Bhatkal alias Shahrukh is said to be interested in becoming a developer and has invested Rs 14 lakh in a real estate project in Nalasopara. This money, according to the same report, was sent to him by foreign-based mentors in 2010 for legal expenses of jailed IM members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!