IM, Taliban join hands to target India?
New Delhi: In what may emerge as a big trouble for India, the Taliban is said to have joined hands with India-based terror outfit Indian Mujahideen (IM).
As per a report, Monday, the nexus was unearthed by investigating agencies while following leads after the arrest of key IM operative Danish Riyaz in June.
Danish’s emails have divulged details of the former being in touch with Haroon of Kolkata along with four other IM operatives, the report said. It has also revealed that the network spreads across other countries.
Not only this Haroon’s emails have revealed that ten people from India were to be sent to Pakistan and then Afghanistan for terror training, the newspaper quoted crime branch official as saying.
Haroor is said to be in touch with Taliban. The investigating agencies are now looking whether ten people were sent for terror training or not.
The investigating officials believe that Danish was in touch with some Gujarat youths as well. The sleuths are working to identify those local contacts.
However, the officials have refused to divulge more details about Danish citing sensitivity of the issue.
Earlier, reports claimed that the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) is looking into the possible involvement of an Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative, Abdullah alias Nata, in the terror strikes.
Officials of the Maharashtra ATS have got in touch with the Kolkata Special Task Force (STF) and have sought details of railway passengers who travelled on the Kolkata-Mumbai and Kolkata-Kanpur route eight days before the blasts.
Abdullah is believed to be a close aide of IM co-founder Amir Raza. Raza has been on the run since the arrest of IM operatives in 2008.
Meanwhile, the Maharashtra ATS are also looking into the possible involvement of IM`s Azamgarh module in the blasts. ATS officials have already discussed the same with a visiting Uttar Pradesh STF team.
So, far the Mumbai Police have interrogated more than 100 people, including former SIMI activists and aides of arrested or wanted IM suspects.
Also, over 100 phone numbers have been put under surveillance.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata