IM, Taliban join hands to target India?
New Delhi: In what may emerge as a big trouble for India, the Taliban is said to have joined hands with India-based terror outfit Indian Mujahideen (IM).
As per a report, Monday, the nexus was unearthed by investigating agencies while following leads after the arrest of key IM operative Danish Riyaz in June.
Danish’s emails have divulged details of the former being in touch with Haroon of Kolkata along with four other IM operatives, the report said. It has also revealed that the network spreads across other countries.
Not only this Haroon’s emails have revealed that ten people from India were to be sent to Pakistan and then Afghanistan for terror training, the newspaper quoted crime branch official as saying.
Haroor is said to be in touch with Taliban. The investigating agencies are now looking whether ten people were sent for terror training or not.
The investigating officials believe that Danish was in touch with some Gujarat youths as well. The sleuths are working to identify those local contacts.
However, the officials have refused to divulge more details about Danish citing sensitivity of the issue.
Earlier, reports claimed that the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) is looking into the possible involvement of an Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative, Abdullah alias Nata, in the terror strikes.
Officials of the Maharashtra ATS have got in touch with the Kolkata Special Task Force (STF) and have sought details of railway passengers who travelled on the Kolkata-Mumbai and Kolkata-Kanpur route eight days before the blasts.
Abdullah is believed to be a close aide of IM co-founder Amir Raza. Raza has been on the run since the arrest of IM operatives in 2008.
Meanwhile, the Maharashtra ATS are also looking into the possible involvement of IM`s Azamgarh module in the blasts. ATS officials have already discussed the same with a visiting Uttar Pradesh STF team.
So, far the Mumbai Police have interrogated more than 100 people, including former SIMI activists and aides of arrested or wanted IM suspects.
Also, over 100 phone numbers have been put under surveillance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir