IM terrorist to be charged in M C Sharma`s murder
New Delhi: A suspected Indian Mujahideen
terrorist arrested in Azamgarh in connection with the 2008
serial blasts here, will be charged with the murder of Delhi
Police Inspector Mohan Chand Sharma during the Batla House
encounter, sources said on Tuesday.
Shahzad alias Pappu, an accused in the September 13, 2008
serial blasts in Delhi which claimed 26 lives, was arrested by
the Anti-Terrorist Squad of the Uttar Pradesh Police from
Khalispur village of Azamgarh district last evening and will
be brought to Delhi for interrogation.
The suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorist will be charged
with the killing of Sharma during the September 19, 2008
encounter at Batla House, a week after the serial blasts
rocked the capital, the sources said.
A team led by Sharma had gone to Batla House following
inputs that a module of Indian Mujahideen terrorists were
holed up in a flat there. When intercepted, the group members
allegedly opened fire which was retaliated by police.
While two terrorists were killed in the encounter, police
had claimed that two others -- Shahzad and Junaid -- managed
to give them a slip and fled from the spot.
Shahzad, who carries a reward of Rs five lakh on his
head, was named in five chargesheets regarding serial blasts
filed by Delhi Police in a court here.
Shahzad was accused of planting bombs at India Gate and
Karol Bagh. However, the bombs planted at India Gate did not
explode and were recovered and defused by police.
Twelve more accused are yet to be arrested in connection
with the Delhi serial blasts case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj