close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

IM terrorist used Delhi Metro after planting bomb: Police

A suspected terrorist of Indian Mujahideen had used Delhi metro rail to travel after planting the bomb at a place here during the serial blasts on September 13, 2008, Delhi police today told a court here.



New Delhi: A suspected terrorist of Indian
Mujahideen had used Delhi metro rail to travel after planting
the bomb at a place here during the serial blasts on September
13, 2008, Delhi police today told a court here.

"Mohd Shakeel had used the metro rail from Jhandewalan
here after planting the bomb at Karol Bagh before triggering
the serial blasts," public prosecutor Rajeev Mohan told
Additional Sessions Judge Santosh Snehi Mann.

The court, meanwhile, directed the police to provide a
copy of the compact disc containing the CCTV footage of
Shakeel captured during his movement on the metro train
following the incident.

The court`s order came on an application filed by
Shakeel`s counsel Mayur Suresh.

The prosecutor resumed his arguments on charges to be
framed against 14 suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorists who
were allegedly involved in the serial blasts.

Mohan related the sequence of events following the blasts
which led the Delhi police`s Special Cell sleuths to reach the
Batla House where an encounter had taken place on September
19, 2008, killing an Inspector and two suspected terrorists.

He also told the court about the telephonic surveillance
records relating to the mobiles of the accused including that
of Atif Ameen who was killed in the encounter.

The prosecutor also told the court how the accused
travelled to Karnataka under the assumed names to procure
explosives and how the accused in other blasts like Ahmedabad,
Jaipur and Delhi were in touch with each other before and
after the explosions.

The arguments of the prosecutor remained inconclusive and
are likely to continue tomorrow.

In a related development, one of the accused Salman, whose
plea to be declared a juvenile was earlier rejected, has moved
the sessions court challenging the order of the Chief
Metropolitan Magistrate.

His application would be taken up by the Sessions Court
hearing the arguments on framing of charges in the matter.

The Sessions Court is hearing arguments on the charges to
be framed against 14 accused arrested so far in the five cases
registered in connection with the serial blasts here.

The proceedings in the matter are conducted through video
conferencing as 11 out of 14 accused are lodged in Sabarmati
Jail in Ahmedabad.

Three accused Mohd Hakim, Sahzad and Salman are at present
lodged in Tihar jail here.

All the accused have been chargesheeted under various
provisions of IPC, Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and
Explosive Substances Act.

PTI

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions

trending

photo gallery

video

DNA EXCLUSIVES

Dear Heena, Triple Talaq is history! Letter from one sister to another

Donald Trump's Afghanistan policy: Should India be worried?

Triple Talaq, Uniform Civil Code, and the way ahead

Triple Talaq verdict | SC terms 'instant talaq' unconstitutional; here's how the case unfolded

No strangers to the floods: India needs to build resilience in communities through long-term solutions