New Delhi: A day after Harkat-ul-Jehadi Islami (HuJI) claimed responsibility for the explosion outside Delhi High Court on Wednesday, another terror group, Indian Mujahideen, on Thursday said it executed the blast.
In an e-mail to a few media organisations, the terror group has further warned of carrying out another attack on September 13 (Tuesday) at a crowded shopping complex. “Stop us if you can,” dared the IM.
“There cannot be any connection between HuJI and Wednesday’s blast. We planned it long back to carry out the blast at Delhi High Court on Wednesday since it is the busiest day. HuJI is remotely not involved,” said an e-mail signed by Chhotu, an alleged Indian Mujahideen member.
Notably, the Delhi High Court hears public interest litigations on Wednesday and therefore the number of visitors is highest on this day.
According to reports, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) is taking the e-mail seriously. The authenticity of the e-mail is still being verified.
The e-mail’s sender identified himself as Chotoo (Chotu) – member INDIAN MUZAHIDDIN.
The mail has been sent from the e-mail address: email@example.com
The IM first emerged during a wave of bombings in the northern part of the country in 2007.
The new e-mail might be a red herring as security officials earlier in the day traced HuJI e-mail claiming responsibility for the blast to a cyber café at Kishtwar in Jammu and Kashmir.
Cyber cafe owner Mehmood Khawja was detained along with two others for questioning in connection with the Delhi blast, police officials said.
Twelve people were killed and more than 75 were injured in a bomb blast at the Delhi High Court on Wednesday.