Imam`s comments against AIMPLB `irresponsible`: Azam Khan
Rampur: Expelled Samajwadi Party leader
Mohammad Azam Khan alleged that Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama
Masjid was making "irresponsible" comments against All India
Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) and said he was targetting
the body like a political group.
"AIMPLB is a representative body of Muslims and to treat
and criticise that like a petty political outfit was
condemnable," Khan said in a statement here last night, asking
the religious leader to refrain from issuing "Ghair
Jimmevarana Bayanat" (irresponsible statements).
On Tuesday, Imam had said in Gorakhpur, "AIMPLB is not
performing its responsibilities and duties sincerely".
Reacting to the statement, Khan said, it was undesirable
for Imam to opine in bad taste on Muslims? `Sharia Mamlaat`
Quoting Imam, he accepted that Muslims were treated like
political sandwiches, but said, "besides politicians, who are
responsible for the pitiable conditions of Muslims, there are
also persons who conspire to keep their `masnads` (positions)
intact by exploiting religious and political establishments.
"Persons like him (Imam) have agendas to project
themselves as religious-cum-political leaders," Khan alleged
and said Imam`s statement would weaken the AIMPLB.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS