IMG meet next week to decide fate of 13 coal mines
New Delhi: The Inter-Ministerial Group (IMG) will decide the fate of 13 coal mines allocated to public sector firms on the first day of the two-day meeting likely to be held next week.
This could include firms like Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corp and Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corp.
"The IMG will make recommendations with regard to 13 coal mines alloted to public sector firms on October 30. On October 31 the panel will make recommendations for 20 mines," an official in the Coal Ministry said.
On the second day, the IMG will make recommendations with regards to PSUs like Nalco and MMTC among others, the official said.
Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal had recently said IMG has already reviewed coal blocks given to the private companies.
"For government companies IMG has completed the hearings and will further examine the matter on October 30 and 31," the minister had said.
The IMG has concluded the scrutiny of 31 coal blocks allotted to 51 private firms.
Earlier, Coal Secretary S K Srivastava had conveyed it to Public Accounts Committee that the IMG would finalise the recommendations with regard to 33 mines allocated to public sector firms by October 20.
Last month, the government had accepted the recommendations of the IMG, which had suggested de-allocation of 13 mines and deduction of bank guarantees of 14 allottees.
A total of 58 mines were issued show cause notices for their failure to develop blocks within stipulated timeline.
The government had formed the IMG in July to review the progress of coal blocks allocated to companies for captive use.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read