IMG meet next week to decide fate of 13 coal mines
New Delhi: The Inter-Ministerial Group (IMG) will decide the fate of 13 coal mines allocated to public sector firms on the first day of the two-day meeting likely to be held next week.
This could include firms like Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corp and Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corp.
"The IMG will make recommendations with regard to 13 coal mines alloted to public sector firms on October 30. On October 31 the panel will make recommendations for 20 mines," an official in the Coal Ministry said.
On the second day, the IMG will make recommendations with regards to PSUs like Nalco and MMTC among others, the official said.
Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal had recently said IMG has already reviewed coal blocks given to the private companies.
"For government companies IMG has completed the hearings and will further examine the matter on October 30 and 31," the minister had said.
The IMG has concluded the scrutiny of 31 coal blocks allotted to 51 private firms.
Earlier, Coal Secretary S K Srivastava had conveyed it to Public Accounts Committee that the IMG would finalise the recommendations with regard to 33 mines allocated to public sector firms by October 20.
Last month, the government had accepted the recommendations of the IMG, which had suggested de-allocation of 13 mines and deduction of bank guarantees of 14 allottees.
A total of 58 mines were issued show cause notices for their failure to develop blocks within stipulated timeline.
The government had formed the IMG in July to review the progress of coal blocks allocated to companies for captive use.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!