IMG review of coal blocks concludes
New Delhi: The Inter-Ministerial Group on coal block allocation is likely to submit its report to Coal Ministry on Monday as its three-day review of 29 private sector allottees, including Jindal Steel and Power and others in which relatives of politicians held positions, have concluded.
"All the coal blocks on agenda for three days (September 6-8) have been reviewed," Zohra Chatterji, Additional Secretary in the Coal Ministry who headed the IMG, said today.
The group is likely rpt likely to submit the report to the Coal Ministry on Monday and may rpt may forward it to the Prime Ministers Office before 15
The panel is reviewing the progress of coal blocks allocated to private firms without auction. The IMG meeting took place in the backdrop of the CAG estimating undue advantage to private companies to the extent of Rs 1.86 lakh crore in the absence of auction.
Most of the monsoon session of Parliament was washed out with the Opposition, mainly BJP, demanding resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. He had held the coal portfolio during UPA-1 when most of these blocks were allocated.
During the three-day IMG meeting, all the 29 allottees gave progress reports of their blocks and several of them said delays in starting the production resulted due to lack of various clearances from different state governments.
Coal block allottees, including Tata Steel, Reliance Power, JSW, Grasim Industries, Kesoram Industries, IST Steel & Power, SKS Ispat and Power, Bihar Sponge Iron, appeared before the panel during IMG`s three-day review exercise.
Before the start of the review exercise, the Coal Ministry had said on September 3 that the latest progress as reported by the Coal Controller would also be taken into account by the IMG "before recommending on the action against the coal block allottees".
The IMG has also firmed up the guidelines for proportionate deduction of Bank Guarantees for failure to achieve milestones for development of the block, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video