IMG to assess performance of coal blocks of PSUs
New Delhi: Having reviewed the progress of the private sector coal block allottees, the Inter-Minister Group will now assess the performance of the PSUs which were also given the blocks without auction, sources said.
"The IMG will take a few more days to complete its report as it has to do the review of the PSUs coal block allottees also," a source said.
In the three-day IMG meeting last week, around 29 coal blocks given to the private sector were examined.
Around 30 coal blocks of the 58 issued showcause notices are public sector firms like MMTC, Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corporation (CMDC), Jharkhand State Mineral Development Corporation (JSMDC), Orissa Mining Corporation.
These coal blocks allocated to PSUs would be reviewed by the IMG over the next few days, the source said.
The IMG review comes close on the heels of CAG estimating undue advantage to private companies to the extent of Rs 1.86 lakh crore in the absence of auction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list