IMG to assess performance of coal blocks of PSUs
New Delhi: Having reviewed the progress of the private sector coal block allottees, the Inter-Minister Group will now assess the performance of the PSUs which were also given the blocks without auction, sources said.
"The IMG will take a few more days to complete its report as it has to do the review of the PSUs coal block allottees also," a source said.
In the three-day IMG meeting last week, around 29 coal blocks given to the private sector were examined.
Around 30 coal blocks of the 58 issued showcause notices are public sector firms like MMTC, Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corporation (CMDC), Jharkhand State Mineral Development Corporation (JSMDC), Orissa Mining Corporation.
These coal blocks allocated to PSUs would be reviewed by the IMG over the next few days, the source said.
The IMG review comes close on the heels of CAG estimating undue advantage to private companies to the extent of Rs 1.86 lakh crore in the absence of auction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble