IMG to meet today to decide fate of 33 coal mines
New Delhi: The Inter-Ministerial Group (IMG) on coal blocks will meet today to decide the fate of 33 coal blocks allocated to public sector firms which have been issued notices for delay in production.
The IMG will make recommendations with regard to 13 coal mines allotted to public sector firms like Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corp and Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corp. As per reports, the recommendations with regard to remaining 20 mines given to PSUs like Nalco and MMTC is likely to be taken tomorrow.
The IMG has concluded the scrutiny of 31 coal blocks allotted to 51 private firms.
In September, government had accepted the recommendations of the IMG, which had suggested de-allocation of 13 mines and deduction of bank guarantees of 14 allottees.
A total of 58 mines were issued show cause notices for their failure to develop blocks within stipulated timeline.
The government had formed the IMG in July to review the progress of coal blocks allocated to companies for captive use.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB