IMG to meet today to decide fate of 33 coal mines
New Delhi: The Inter-Ministerial Group (IMG) on coal blocks will meet today to decide the fate of 33 coal blocks allocated to public sector firms which have been issued notices for delay in production.
The IMG will make recommendations with regard to 13 coal mines allotted to public sector firms like Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corp and Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corp. As per reports, the recommendations with regard to remaining 20 mines given to PSUs like Nalco and MMTC is likely to be taken tomorrow.
The IMG has concluded the scrutiny of 31 coal blocks allotted to 51 private firms.
In September, government had accepted the recommendations of the IMG, which had suggested de-allocation of 13 mines and deduction of bank guarantees of 14 allottees.
A total of 58 mines were issued show cause notices for their failure to develop blocks within stipulated timeline.
The government had formed the IMG in July to review the progress of coal blocks allocated to companies for captive use.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part VI
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part VII
- DNA: Analysis of PM Modi-led government's promise of good days
- DNA: Analysis of PM Modi-led government's promise of good days- Part II
- Modi govt will be known for fulfilling promises: LK Advani
- Sleep apnea gets worse in post-menopausal women
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns