Implement flight safety rules to the hilt: DGCA
New Delhi: Seeking to learn from mistakes
that led to a recent mishap, aviation regulator DGCA has asked
airlines and non-scheduled operators to ensure implementation
of flight safety rules to the hilt, including adequate rest to
the crew before they fly.
Referring to a recent accident involving a twin-engine
turbo-prop aircraft in a `contracting state` of the
International Civil Aviation Organisation, the Directorate
General of Civil Aviation observed that "all airlines and more
specifically non-scheduled operators must take note of these
safety lapses (that led to the accident) and take appropriate
steps to comply."
The DGCA, however, did not identify the air operator or
the country where the mishap had occurred recently.
The probe pointed out that one of the major lapses was
that the First Officer or the commander of the aircraft had
"sent two text messages from the cockpit before take-off
whereas the crew is supposed to maintain a sterile cockpit",
official sources said.
The enquiry report said the crew of the ill-fated plane
had "mismanaged a warning from the automatic system that the
plane was flying too slowly".
The First Officer had flown entirely the previous night
on two different planes and was probably fatigued and had a
health problem, the investigation had pointed out.
There was a lack of any programme of remedial training
for the pilots by the operator, the probe had said.
The DGCA said these findings by the investigating
agency into the accident that occurred in a foreign country
indicates "unsafe flying environment" and asked all air
operators, particularly the non-scheduled ones, to ensure such
lapses do not occur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!