Implement juvenile justice act: Supreme Court
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday pulled up the Central government for not implementing the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act that Parliament passed a decade ago.
Despite direction to the Central government to coordinate with the states to ensure the implementation of the law, it has not moved in the matter, an apex court bench of Justice RV Raveendran and Justice HL Gokhale said.
The law provides for a special approach towards juvenile delinquents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India