Implement juvenile justice act: Supreme Court
New Delhi: The Supreme Court Friday pulled up the Central government for not implementing the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act that Parliament passed a decade ago.
Despite direction to the Central government to coordinate with the states to ensure the implementation of the law, it has not moved in the matter, an apex court bench of Justice RV Raveendran and Justice HL Gokhale said.
The law provides for a special approach towards juvenile delinquents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read