Implement Sachar Committee report in Jharkhand: Tirkey
Ranchi: The lone MLA of Jharkhand Janadhikar
Manch, Bandhu Tirkey, who voted in favour of Chief Minister
Shibu Soren in the floor test, today asked the state
government to implement the Sachar Committee report in toto.
"I have faith in Guruji (Soren), who has struggled for
Jharkhand for 40 years," Tirkey said in his brief speech in
Tirkey, who spearheaded the pro-domicile agitation in
2003, also urged the government to introduce "local policy"
after discussions with coalition partners.
A policy for protecting mineral resources of the state,
early panchayat elections and irrigation facilities for
farmers and quick disposal of corruption cases filed in the
last one year were also urged by him.
Tirkey is facing a disproportionate assets case, which is
being probed by the state Vigilance Bureau, which conducted
raids in his residential premises last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'