Impose Prez rule in UP, we will back you: BJP to Centre
New Delhi: Citing the communal riots in Muzaffarnagar, BJP on Monday demanded imposition of President`s Rule in the state alleging the law and order situation has gone out of government`s control and assured its support on the issue in Parliament.
In a statement, BJP president Rajnath Singh expressed deep sorrow and concern over the violence in Muzaffarnagar and appealed for calm.
"The communal atmosphere in Uttar Pradesh has been worsening under Samajwadi Party government. The law and order situation has gone from bad to worse. Dozens of communal riots have taken place in the last one and half years," Singh said.
He maintained if the Centre is aware of its constitutional responsibility, then it should dismiss the government and impose President`s Rule.
"BJP will fully support in Parliament any such move of the government," Singh said.
He alleged "these riots not only put under suspicion the incompetence and lack of foresight of the government but also the intentions of the UP government in restoring communal atmosphere to normalcy".
RSS also condemned the riots and demanded the state government ensure the rule of law in UP.
"It appears that in Uttar Pradesh the communal forces are being given protection in the name of secularism and several riots have taken place due to this," RSS propaganda chief Manmohan Vaidya told reporters.
He said there appears to be a common thread in the recent riots and the government should in a "non-partisan, firm manner" enforce the rule of law in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray