Improper implementation of schemes due to defective monitoring
New Delhi: Defective monitoring was responsible for lack of effective implementation of Prime Minister`s 15-Point Programme for minorities and another scheme for development of minority concentration districts, Minority Affairs Minister K Rahman Khan said on Monday.
"Monitoring is defective, because on paper it is fine that every six months the state committee should meet. Every quarter, the district collectors should meet, meeting should be done of the monitoring committee. But in practice, we saw in reports we get, very few meetings are held," Khan said.
"It has been noted that the state and District Level Committees for the 15-Point Programme are not monitoring the implementation regularly.
"Some of the states like Gujarat, Jammu and Kashmir and Madhya Pradesh have not reconstituted the State Level Committee as per the guideline. Many states do not transfer the central share of funds released by the ministry to the concerned districts or implementing agencies within the stipulated time," Khan said.
The minster was addressing a conference of Principal Secretaries and Secretaries of state and UTs regarding implementation of Multi-sectoral Development Programme and Prime Minister`s New 15-Point Programme here.
To enhance monitoring, engagement of an independent monitoring agency is under consideration. "At present there is no proper independent monitoring mechanism in the programme. To strengthen the monitoring mechanism, it is proposed to engage an independent qualified agency for concurrent monitoring of the programme," agenda of the conference said.
Khan said the schemes have not been able to impact the beneficiaries the way they should have, and urged the states for proactive involvement for successful implementation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened