Improved navigation in airports with ISRO help
Kolkata: Navigational facilities in Indian airports are being improved in collaboration with ISRO, Civil Aviation Secretary K N Srivastava said on Sunday.
"We are currently working to improve the navigational facilities in the airports of the country in collaboration with ISRO. The work has already started in several airports," Srivastava said at the inauguration of the new integrated terminal of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport here.
Minister of State for Civil Aviation K C Venugopal said there has been 15 per cent growth in air traffic segment in the last one year.
The new airport terminal in Kolkata will be operational from January 23, AAI officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter