IMU VC appeals cadets to be innovative
Thane: Indian Maritime University (IMU) Vice-Chancellor, K Ashok Vardhan Shetty has appealed to cadets to be innovative and creative if they want to succeed in their endeavours.
Addressing the passing out parade of the 8th Batch of the Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) of the Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy, (AEMA) at Karjat yesterday as chief guest, Shetty said, "If one has to the successful in life one has to be innovative and only those who are innovative and come out with original ideas can outshine others."
Captain Gautam Hiranandani, Group Managing Director, Marine Consultants & Engineers Pte. Ltd. Singapore was the guest of honour on the occasion where the students received their best performance awards.
Capt. Pawan Gupta, Principal of AEMA, Capt. KN Deboo, Director and Principal, Anglo Eastern Maritime Centre, Capt. Pradeep Chawla ? Director Training & QHSE of the Anglo Eastern Ship Management, Capt Jairaj Nakhwa, HOD Nautical, also spoke on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured