IMU VC appeals cadets to be innovative
Thane: Indian Maritime University (IMU) Vice-Chancellor, K Ashok Vardhan Shetty has appealed to cadets to be innovative and creative if they want to succeed in their endeavours.
Addressing the passing out parade of the 8th Batch of the Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) of the Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy, (AEMA) at Karjat yesterday as chief guest, Shetty said, "If one has to the successful in life one has to be innovative and only those who are innovative and come out with original ideas can outshine others."
Captain Gautam Hiranandani, Group Managing Director, Marine Consultants & Engineers Pte. Ltd. Singapore was the guest of honour on the occasion where the students received their best performance awards.
Capt. Pawan Gupta, Principal of AEMA, Capt. KN Deboo, Director and Principal, Anglo Eastern Maritime Centre, Capt. Pradeep Chawla ? Director Training & QHSE of the Anglo Eastern Ship Management, Capt Jairaj Nakhwa, HOD Nautical, also spoke on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre