In 2009-10, 57 pilots failed alcohol test
New Delhi: A total of 57 pilots have been punished for failing to clear the pre-flight alcohol test in the past two years, and 10 of them had to lose their job, civil aviation minister Vayalar Ravi said on Thursday.
Between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2010, a total of 57 pilots were found positive during the pre-flight breath analyser test and services of 10 have been terminated, Ravi informed the Rajya Sabha.
In 2009, 34 pilots had failed the test and services of 10 of them were terminated for being found guilty repeatedly.
Out of these 10 pilots, three each were of IndiGo and Kingfisher and four of SpiceJet.
In 2010, a total of 23 pilots failed the pre-flight breath analyser test. Those found guilty were grounded for one month to four months apart from being kept away from flying duties with loss of pay and allowances, the Minister said.
As per the DGCA directive, every cabin crew had to report for medical and breath analyser test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?