In a book, Afzal Guru praised Taliban chief Mullah Omar
Srinagar: In a book released seven months after his execution, Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru had praised Taliban chief Mullah Mohammad Omar for standing up to the United States and allied forces in Afghanistan.
"Taliban commanded by the leader of the faithful Mullah Mohammad Omar is a ray of light in darkness ... This group has shattered the supremacy of the US and NATO forces although developed Muslim countries like Turkey, nuclear power Pakistan and Arab countries are scared of the West," Guru was quoted as having written in the 94-page book.
The book in Urdu, edited by separatist leader Shafi Ahmad Khan Shairiati who claimed that Guru had sent him a message for Kashmiri people from Tihar Jail where he was hanged on February 9 this year, 11 years after his arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3