In angry outburst scientist CNR Rao calls politicians `idiots`
Bangalore: Venting out the dissatisfaction in the scientific community over "inadequate" funding, Bharat Ratna awardee and eminent scientist CNR Rao on Sunday had an angry outburst as he called politicians "idiots" for giving them "so little".
Addressing a press conference a day after the award was announced, Rao, who is the Chairman of Prime Minister`s Scientific Advisory Council, stressed the need for providing more resources for research.
"....For the money that government has given to scientific sector, we have done much more," he retorted, when a reporter asked if he felt that the standard of the scientific research in the country.
"....Why the hell these idiots these politicians have given so little for us. Inspite of that we scientists have done something," Rao said, losing his cool.
"Our investments are marginal, comes late.... For that money we have got, we have performed. For the money we have been getting it is not bad at all, after all this kind of money is nothing."
Asked about China progress, the scientist said that,"We also have to take blame on ourselves, Indians we don`t work hard, we are not like Chinese.
We are easy going and we are not as much nationalists...If we get some-more money we are ready to go abroad."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!