In democracy all have the right to speak: BJP
New Delhi: With Team Anna continuing its attack on Parliamentarians on the issue of corruption, the BJP on Saturday said everyone has the right to speak in a democracy but no one should cross the limit.
"In a democracy everyone has the right to speak. Civil society and the government also have the right to speak. They are using their right. But no one should cross the limit," BJP Spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
The BJP leader said even as he was a member of the Privileges Committee of Parliament, he would name any MP and seek action against him if there were murder or criminal cases against him, but it was not right to speak against the entire Parliamentary system.
"If an MP is wrong - there are murder or other criminal cases against him - then every one has the right to name him. But it is not right to speak against the entire Parliament or Parliamentary system...Everyone should remember their Lakshman Rekha (limit)," he said.
BJP also distanced itself from Team Anna`s movement against corruption, but said it will continue its own fight against the menace.
He said the BJP was with everyone who is fighting for a strong Lokpal and claimed that the party has been fighting for Lokpal in Parliament and its senior leader Arun Jaitley has also taken up the struggle in its Select Committee.
Hitting out at the ruling Congress-led UPA government for not being serious in tackling corruption and delaying action on curbing the menace, the BJP leader said the party will continue to struggle for Lokpal on its own.
"The UPA has the habit of prolonging action against corruption, so that it becomes a non-issue later. They are working on their strategy," said Hussain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi