In Diwali message, PM hopes `new phase of optimism` will dawn
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who has been concerned over the atmosphere of perceived gloom over last several months, on Monday utilised the occasion of Diwali to express hope that a "new phase of optimism" will dawn on countrymen.
In his Diwali message, Singh has wished peace and prosperity for the people.
He expressed hope that the festival of lights this year will "mark the beginning of a new phase of optimism" for each one of the countrymen, a PMO statement said.
Singh, whose government has been battling a number of corruption allegations and attack over economic decisions like FDI in retail, has been maintaining that "mindless atmosphere of negativity and pessimism" would hurt the country, particularly the investment prospects.
On Saturday, he said his government had dispelled the atmosphere of `gloom and doom`.
Earlier, in a televised address, the Prime Minister had asked people not to be misled by "false information" being spread to create fear over various economic decisions.
Warning against the country slipping back into 1991 economic crisis, he had said time has come for "hard decisions" to put the country on the path of high and inclusive growth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Despite public outcry over images of man carrying dead wife, Odisha gives clean chit to hospital
- WOAH! Pakistani journalist silences Piers Morgan after he taunts Indians using Sachin Tendulkar's example
- Bolivia deputy interior minister killed after being kidnapped by miners
- Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar among world's highest paid actors of 2016
- This is what childhood obesity can do to your child's health now, later!