In Narendra Modi company, Naidu calls Manmohan a Sonia tool
New Delhi: TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu on Wednesday dubbed Prime Minister Mamohan Singh as a "tool" of Congress president Sonia Gandhi while praising BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
Speaking at an event here, Naidu shared the stage with Modi as he denounced what he said was a "drama" by the Congress on the ordinance on convicted parliamentarians.
"We saw the drama around the Ordinance on convicted lawmakers. They brought the Ordinance, then Rahul Gandhi spoke against it," Naidu said.
"Even the Prime Minister is just a tool in the hands of Sonia Gandhi," he added.
Naidu lauded Modi and the BJP-led NDA government, which the now ailing Atal Bihari Vajpayee headed, for pursuing development work.
"Earlier they used to talk only about Hyderabad. Now everyone talks only about (economic) development in Gujarat."
He praised the NDA government, which his Telugu Desam Party had propped up, for starting the Golden Quadrilateral road project and for creating over six million jobs.
He slammed the Congress for India`s economic troubles.
"In its over five decade rule since independence, Congress-led governments failed terribly to improve country`s growth, which was reeling at a mere 3-4 percent till 1990."
"It was only during PV Narsimha Rao`s term when the country`s growth improved after he introduced economic reforms."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened