‘In nine months, 20 pilots tested alcohol positive`
New Delhi: Twenty pilots belonging to
different commercial airlines were found to be `alcohol positive` in pre-flight tests between June last year and February this year, the government said Wednesday.
"20 pilots have tested alcohol positive during pre-flight medical examination for the consumption of alcohol
while on duty from June 1, 2011 to February 29, 2012," Civil
Aviation Minister Ajit Singh said in a written reply in the
In the details provided by Singh, 19 of these 20 pilots
have been kept off flying duty for a period of 3 months.
In one instance in January this year when the pilot had
been tested positive for a second time, his licence was
cancelled for a period of 5 years, Singh said.
Singh told the House that rules required airlines to
conduct the tests before all domestic flights and every 15
days at foreign airports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday