In Samajwadi war, Jaya Prada is with Amar Singh
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party Lok Sabha MP Jaya Prada Sunday lashed out at detractors of former party strongman Amar Singh, saying they will be responsible if "anything happened to him".
"If anything happens to him (Amar Singh), those who have targeted him in the party will be responsible," Jaya Prada told mediapersons here, coming out publicly in support of a friend who the Samajwadi Party has now come to view as a liability.
Jaya Prada, Lok Sabha MP from Rampur and a close associate of Amar Singh, however hastened to say she was not quitting the Samajwadi Party.
She urged Samajwadi Party chief Mulyam Singh Yadav to check newly-appointed general secretary Mohan Singh who she said had called Amar Singh "mad" and "shameless".
The actor-politician also said that she would work with Amar Singh in Lok Manch, a non-political outfit that seeks to raise the problems of ordinary people.
She also came out in support of Amar Singh on the issue of the creation of a new state of Purvanchal from the present Uttar Pradesh as well as the use of computers.
Amar Singh has resigned from all party posts in the Samajwadi Party. He is a Rajya Sabha member of the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy