In Samajwadi war, Jaya Prada is with Amar Singh
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party Lok Sabha MP Jaya Prada Sunday lashed out at detractors of former party strongman Amar Singh, saying they will be responsible if "anything happened to him".
"If anything happens to him (Amar Singh), those who have targeted him in the party will be responsible," Jaya Prada told mediapersons here, coming out publicly in support of a friend who the Samajwadi Party has now come to view as a liability.
Jaya Prada, Lok Sabha MP from Rampur and a close associate of Amar Singh, however hastened to say she was not quitting the Samajwadi Party.
She urged Samajwadi Party chief Mulyam Singh Yadav to check newly-appointed general secretary Mohan Singh who she said had called Amar Singh "mad" and "shameless".
The actor-politician also said that she would work with Amar Singh in Lok Manch, a non-political outfit that seeks to raise the problems of ordinary people.
She also came out in support of Amar Singh on the issue of the creation of a new state of Purvanchal from the present Uttar Pradesh as well as the use of computers.
Amar Singh has resigned from all party posts in the Samajwadi Party. He is a Rajya Sabha member of the party.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory