In Team Manmohan, Kamal Nath is richest
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has
assets worth Rs 5.11 crore, while Urban Development Minister
Kamal Nath is the richest in the Cabinet with total family
assets of Rs 276.64 crore and Defence Minister A K Antony has
the least assets worth only Rs 39.15 lakh.
The Prime Minister`s assets (along with those of his wife)
are worth Rs 5.11 crore, which include a residential house in
Chandigarh`s Sector 11 with a current market value of Rs 90
lakh and a flat in Delhi`s posh Vasant Kunj area with current
market value of Rs 88.67 lakh, according to details disclosed
The PM`s declaration made public, along with his Cabinet
colleagues, says he has no agricultural or non-agricultural
land, even though he has term and bank deposits in various
banks totalling around Rs 3.22 crore.
His wife Gursharan Kaur has over Rs 11 lakh in savings
account in State Bank of Patiala in Chandigarh. The PM also
owns a 1996-make Maruti 800 car worth Rs 24,745 at present.
Out of 77 members of his Council of Ministers, assets of
five of his colleagues were not available on the PM`s website.
These include Cabinet Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, Ministers of
State with Independent Charge Krishna Tirath and Jayanthi
Natarajan and Ministers of State Jitender Singh and S
Corporate Affairs Minister Veerappa Moily, who has assets
of only Rs 13.34 lakh alone is second to Antony, who alone has
assets worth only Rs 1.82 lakh. While Moily does not own any
immmovable property, Antony`s wife owns a house and
agricultural land worth Rs 15 lakh each.
Among Union Ministers having the maximum assets, Kamal
Nath has personal assets of Rs 8.87 crore in his own name,
while those in the name of his wife are worth Rs 4.27 crore,
while the remaining personal assets of Rs 20.74 crore are in
the name of his other family members.
Nath and his family have business interests in as many as
25 companies with assets worth Rs 241.84 crore, while Rs 92
lakh are in assets of funds owned by Nath and his family
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee has total assets worth
Rs 1.25 crore, including a flat each in Munirka in the Capital
and Kolkata. His moveable properties include a 2000-make Ford
Ikon car and savings bank accounts.
Home Minister P Chidambaram along with his wife have
assets to the tune of Rs 23.67 crore, with Chidambaram alone
owning assets of Rs 11.14 crore which include fixed deposits
and interests thereof of Rs 1.29 crore in various banks.
Among the immovable assets owned by him include is a
coffee estate in Kodagu worth Rs 28.95 lakh, besides other
assets worth Rs 62.26 lakh which includes a Skoda car worth Rs
22.15 lakh, a Volkswagen car worth 16.24 lakh and a Ford
Fiesta car worth Rs 7.71 lakh. He also owns a cycle worth Rs
1,239 and a Kinetic Honda worth Rs 27,685.
His wife Nalini Chidambaram, however, owns land and
buildings in Managiri, Sukkanenthal village worth Rs 2.66
crore and agricultural land in Muttucaud/Kanathur worth Rs
27.41 lakh and a house in Karaikudi worth Rs 12.68 lakh.
She also owns a coffee estate worth Rs 1.18 crore, a
house in Sivagangai worth Rs 12 lakh and land in Managiri
worth Rs 11.2 lakh. While Chidamabaram himself possesses
jewellery worth only Rs 65,955, his wife possesses it worth Rs
Power Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde has assets worth Rs
9.11 crore in his own name, while his wife owns assets of over
Rs 4.77 crore. Shinde owns a house in Solapur worth Rs 50
lakh, a flat in Bandra in Mumbai worth Rs 1.99 crore, a flat
in Munirka Vihar, New Delhi worth Rs 1.25 crore and a farm
house in Solapur worth Rs 19.76 lakh.
External Affairs Minister S M Krishna is worth Rs 1.76
crore, with fixed assets worth Rs 56.16 lakh. His wife owns
assets worth Rs 1.10 crore. Krishna has half the share (with
his wife) in a residential house in Bangalore (worth Rs 1.65
lakh), while he owns agricultural lands in Mandhya district,
Somanahalli and a farm house in Somanahalli, with total
immovable assets of Rs 31.44 lakh.
The Foreign minister also owns a Sonata car worth Rs 13.08
lakh, a Lancer car worth Rs 8.30 lakh and jewellery worth Rs
50,000, and owns shares in Revathy CP, Infosys, Mangalore
Chemicals and Chamundeshwari Sugars.
Heavy Industries Minister Praful Patel has total immovable
assets to the tune of Rs 33.94 crore, while those in the name
of his wife are to the tune of Rs 54.73 crore.
The properties in his name include a house in Nadiad in
Gujarat and a Rs 33.4 crore residential property in Worli in
Mumbai, while those in the name of his wife include an office
premises in Worli, Mumbai worth Rs 30.60 crore and
non-agricultural land worth Rs 7.18 crore in Anand, Gujarat.
Patel also owns jewellery worth Rs 1.09 crore in his own
name and Rs 2.18 crore in the name of his wife, besides
unquoted shares in various companies worth Rs 2.79 crores (at
cost) and those in his wife`s name worth Rs 1.38 crores. The
quoted shares owned by Patel himself are worth Rs 3.87 lakh,
while those in his wife`s name are worth 77.26 lakh.
Incidentally, Patel has also taken a loan of Rs 5.78 crore
from Praful M Patel HUF and another loan of Rs 2.75 crore from
his wife Varsha P Patel, though his wife has a rent deposit of
Rs 12.97 crore with Barclay`s Bank plc.
Food Minister Sharad Pawar has total assets worth Rs 12.45
crore, together with his wife. While he has assets worth Rs
6.25 crore in his own name, including Rs 2.79 crore as
moveable property and Rs 3.46 crore in the form of immovable
assets. Pawar also has assets worth Rs 3.38 crore in his
wife`s name and another Rs 2.83 crore in his HUF.
Though Pawar or his wife does not own any vehicle, he
himself owns gold and jewellery worth Rs 25 lakh. Pawar also
owns Rs 63.48 lakh in the form of shares, debentures and bonds
in various companies.
Pawar owns a flat in Dwarka worth Rs 96 lakh and a
corporate office in Malegaon worth Rs 2.5 crore, besides
agricultural land there. Though Pawar owns shares worth Rs
3.27 lakh, his wife owns about 4 lakh shares worth Rs 72.05
Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Minister Virbhadra
Singh has total assets worth Rs 22.23 crore in his own name,
which includes the Holly Lodge Estate in Shimla worth Rs 5
crore and a flat in Delhi worth Rs 30 lakh, besides the Padam
Palace Estate in Rampur worth Rs 10 crore and Shanti Kunj
Estate at Sarahan worth Rs 2 crore.
Interestingly, Virbhadra Singh has a total of over 50
savings and other bank accounts with various banks in Shimla,
Rampur and Delhi, which have a total of about 4.5 crore in
them. Singh also owns a Honda City, a Toyota Kirlosker and a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy