Inactive approach to LoC killings lowered dignity of India: BJP
Jaipur: Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Friday said the Centre`s "inactive" approach towards incidents like killing of soldiers along the LoC has "lowered the dignity of India".
"The country will regain its dignity and self esteem if we can show that we are capable of defending our people. The government should make its position firm," he told reporters here.
Joshi was speaking on the sidelines of a function which was also attended by Union Minister of State Rajiv Shukla and Rajasthan Assembly Speaker Deependra Singh Shekhawat.
Joshi had yesterday stressed that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should not hold any talks with his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif in New York.
A group of 20 heavily-armed men had entered 450 metres inside Indian territory in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch sector on Tuesday and ambushed a patrol, killing five Indian jawans.
Joshi also said media should not show content which was not in line with social values.
"Media should be careful in choosing and serving content because it plays a key role in forming public opinion and people`s outlook," Joshi said.
"In politics, the factor of `values` has also been ignored. The situation is no different in other sectors as well, because of increasing influence of money. Politicians should lead people without caring for votes if they want to be leaders in the true sense," he said.
Shukla said media should have a balanced approach while reporting news.
"Media should maintain a balanced approach instead of just presenting negativity. It will also help the profession to strengthen credibility," the MoS for Parliamentary Affairs said.
"There might be some dishonest people in both media as well as politics, but that does not mean others are not honest," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!