Incidents of fake faculty in 17 medical colleges d
New Delhi: Incidents of fake faculty in 17 medical colleges across the country have come to the notice of the government which has taken several measures to curb such occurrences, Lok Sabha was informed on Friday.
Show cause notices have been issued to all such erring medical colleges, Minister for Health and Family Welfare Ghulam Nabi Azad said in a written reply.
In some cases, the CBI has issued charge sheets and sent self-contained notes to the Medical Council of India for further action, he said.
The Minister said the MCI has also directed concerned authorities for removal of names of erring doctors from the Indian Medical Register.
The cases include some doctors who have been listed as faculty at medical colleges but do not actually teach there.
Azad said to prevent recurrence of such instances, the institutes found erring will not be considered for renewal of permission or recognition of MBBS and Postgraduate degree for two academic years under the Establishment of Medical College, Regulations, 1999.
Besides, faculty would be counted at medical colleges every year and details of teaching faculty received from different colleges would be put up on the MCI website for transparency, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi