Include NRI`s in Aadhar purview: Kerala tells Centre
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala has asked the Centre to include NRI`s also in the purview of Aadhar Card process.
The suggestion was made by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy at the on-going Pravasi Bharatiya Divas at Kochi.
Chandy requested the Centre to take suitable steps to include NRI`s also in the purview of Aadhar Card after completion of the process in India.
Referring to the difficulties faced by non-resident Keralites (NRK), Chandy said the major complaint of overseas Indians especially from Gulf sector was about the "lethargic attitude" of Air India. "Very often flights are cancelled at the last moment without proper notice which creates severe hardship to the passengers", he said.
The "exorbitant" charges levied from the passengers from the Gulf sector also lead to severe criticism, he said.
In order to deal with the serious travel issues from Gulf, Kerala has taken steps to constitute a company called `Air Kerala` to operate budget airline services from Gulf to Kerala, Chandy said.
Chandy said state government has initiated steps for amending Kerala Panchayati Raj and Municipal Acts so as to enable NRK`s to take part in the local body polls.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information