Income criteria relaxed for ST scholarships
New Delhi: The family income ceiling for ST students under the central scholarship scheme of "Top Class Education" was Thursday hiked from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 4.5 lakh per annum.
This will come into effect from the selection year 2013-14, Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari told reporters.
According to him, the move will enable a larger number of ST students pursuing higher and technical education to avail the scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress