Income criteria relaxed for ST scholarships
New Delhi: The family income ceiling for ST students under the central scholarship scheme of "Top Class Education" was Thursday hiked from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 4.5 lakh per annum.
This will come into effect from the selection year 2013-14, Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari told reporters.
According to him, the move will enable a larger number of ST students pursuing higher and technical education to avail the scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell