Income criteria relaxed for ST scholarships
New Delhi: The family income ceiling for ST students under the central scholarship scheme of "Top Class Education" was Thursday hiked from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 4.5 lakh per annum.
This will come into effect from the selection year 2013-14, Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari told reporters.
According to him, the move will enable a larger number of ST students pursuing higher and technical education to avail the scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list