`Increase in ceasefire violations by Pak in 2012`
New Delhi: Ceasefire violations by Pakistan increased during the past year, National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon said here Thursday, a day after India lodged a strong protest with Pakistan over the killing of two of its soldiers by Pakistani troops.
"There has been an increase in ceasefire violations by Pakistan and in infiltration attempts in 2012 over 2011," Menon said at a media briefing, adding that they have taken it up with Pakistani authorities.
Two Indian soldiers were killed and beheaded by Pakistani soldiers on Tuesday in Poonch district -- in the worst violation of the ceasefire that is in place since 2003 on the Line of Control (LoC) that divides Jammu and Kashmir between India and Pakistan.
Pakistan High Commissioner Salman Bashir was summoned by Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai Wednesday and a strong protest lodged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security