Increase in infiltration from Pakistan side: Chidambaram
Washington: Stating that the threat from Pakistan has "not diminished", Union Home Minister P Chidambaram Friday said there has been an increase in infiltration from across the border since May this year.
Chidambaram said he has sensitised the US leadership and officials about India`s views in this regard. India remains vigilant, he said, expressing concern about the ground
"I have already said, both in Parliament and at the Chief Ministers conference that the security threats emanating from militant groups operating from Pakistan soil have not
diminished. That`s our position. Since the threat level is not diminished, we continue to remain on guard on vigil," he said.
In response to a question, Chidambaram said there has been increase in infiltration from Pakistan side.
"We make estimates based upon human intelligence and technical intelligence. The numbers are now running at about 50 to 60 a month. And the number of people we apprehend is also very high. So, our assessment is that the level of infiltration has increase since the month of May 2009," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday