Increase in infiltration from Pakistan side: Chidambaram
Washington: Stating that the threat from Pakistan has "not diminished", Union Home Minister P Chidambaram Friday said there has been an increase in infiltration from across the border since May this year.
Chidambaram said he has sensitised the US leadership and officials about India`s views in this regard. India remains vigilant, he said, expressing concern about the ground
"I have already said, both in Parliament and at the Chief Ministers conference that the security threats emanating from militant groups operating from Pakistan soil have not
diminished. That`s our position. Since the threat level is not diminished, we continue to remain on guard on vigil," he said.
In response to a question, Chidambaram said there has been increase in infiltration from Pakistan side.
"We make estimates based upon human intelligence and technical intelligence. The numbers are now running at about 50 to 60 a month. And the number of people we apprehend is also very high. So, our assessment is that the level of infiltration has increase since the month of May 2009," he said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Indian Premier League 2016: Chris Morris does justice to whopping price tag for Delhi Daredevils with incredible 82-run knock
- Facebook profits surge as user base expands
- Watch - Maiden rocket launch from Russia's brand new Vostochny Cosmodrome!
- 'Revamped' Varanasi ghats to go green - PM Modi set to distribute e-boats to boatmen of Ganga
- Air travellers to get refund on development fee for tickets booked beyond April 30