India a land of entrepreneurs: Moily
Washington: Urging American companies to come
to India, Minister of Corporate Affairs Veerappa Moily said
like the United States, the country is a land of
"The US is a land of land of entrepreneurs. India is also
a land of entrepreneurs," Moily, who is on a visit here, said
at a reception hosted for him by the US India Business Council
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, he said, is determined to
build physical and manpower infrastructure in India.
Earlier, Moily held a roundtable with members of the
American business community, organised by the USIBC.
During his stay here, the minister is expected to hold
meetings with US Attorney General Eric Holder, besides the
head of the Securities and Exchange Commission and Federal
"India`s competition policy is of great interest to
American investors," USIBC President Ron Somers said.
"The competition policy will affect the business climate
in India and, if properly calibrated and balanced, can serve
as a tremendous impetus to growth. USIBC looks forward to
working with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs to ensure
India`s adoption of international best practices and
pro-growth, job-creating polices," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Errors by BCCI selectors: Right squad, wrong spellings!
- IPL 9: Rohit Sharma vows Mumbai Indians will make a strong comeback next season
- Narendra Modi in Tehran: India, Iran joint statement - Full Text
- Toll from Sri Lanka floods, landslides rises to 92
- Paryavaran Bhawan to be renamed Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan