India a land of entrepreneurs: Moily
Washington: Urging American companies to come
to India, Minister of Corporate Affairs Veerappa Moily said
like the United States, the country is a land of
"The US is a land of land of entrepreneurs. India is also
a land of entrepreneurs," Moily, who is on a visit here, said
at a reception hosted for him by the US India Business Council
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, he said, is determined to
build physical and manpower infrastructure in India.
Earlier, Moily held a roundtable with members of the
American business community, organised by the USIBC.
During his stay here, the minister is expected to hold
meetings with US Attorney General Eric Holder, besides the
head of the Securities and Exchange Commission and Federal
"India`s competition policy is of great interest to
American investors," USIBC President Ron Somers said.
"The competition policy will affect the business climate
in India and, if properly calibrated and balanced, can serve
as a tremendous impetus to growth. USIBC looks forward to
working with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs to ensure
India`s adoption of international best practices and
pro-growth, job-creating polices," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre