India accords highest priority to ties with Nepal: Krishna
Kathmandu: India on Wednesday said it accorded
highest priority to its ties with Nepal and was committed to
working with people here for stability, democracy and economic
prosperity of this country, which is witnessing a political
deadlock that has stalled the progress in its peace process.
"We are here to strengthen economic cooperation and
contribute to Nepal`s development," External Affairs Minister
SM Krishna, who arrived here on a three-day visit, said.
He said that India was committed to working with the
people of Nepal for peace, stability, democracy and economic
prosperity of this country.
Krishna, who was accompanied by a seven-member delegation
including Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao, was received by
Nepalese Deputy Premier and Finance Minister Bharat Mohan
Adhikary on his arrival at the Tribhuvan International
The External Affairs Minister, who would be holding high-
level talks here, is also scheduled to visit Birgunj where he
would inaugurate an Integrated Check Post built under the
Indian assistance and also lay the foundation stone of the
Terai Fast Track Road to be built under Indian cooperation.
"These projects will contribute towards Nepal`s
international trade and economic development," he said, adding
India accorded highest priority to its relations with Nepal.
During his visit, Krishna, who is here at the invitation
of the Nepalese government, would meet President Ram Baran
Yadav and Prime Minister Jhala Nath Khanal and also hold
bilateral talks with Adhikary.
He would also meet Maoist chief Prachanda and Nepali
Congress president Sushil Koirala during his visit.
This is his second trip to Nepal. Earlier, he had paid a
visit here in January 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report