India acted fast, but Pak took no action: Azad
Jammu: Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Saturday said, India promptly responded after the attack on a Pakistani prisoner in a Jammu jail, while Pakistan took no action after the attack on Sarabjit Singh.
"It (attack on the Pakistani prisoner by another inmate in Jammu) should be condemned in same way (that of Sarabjit Singh)," Azad told reporters in Gulabgarh area of Kishtwar district during his day-long tour to assess the damage caused by earthquake in the Chenab valley.
"Differences between two countries are such that, here we acted very fast...Took action against those involved (in the attack on the Pakistani prisoner), but Pakistani authorities took no action (in the case of Sarabjit Singh`s killing)," Azad said.
"Government has no role or hand in it (the incident in Jammu jail), those people who are involved will be punished," Azad said adding that the Centre took urgent steps and flew the injured prisoner in an air ambulance to PGI Chandigarh, where he (Sanaullah Ranjay) has been admitted for further treatment.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!